Saturday, July 18, 2009

Erin Andrews Peephole Video should lead to jail for cameraman

Erin Andrews Peephole Video should lead to jail for cameraman

Here is Deadspin's take (complete with an apology) on the Erin Andrews video scandal, prominently featuring a link to my earlier post on this subject.

Hmm. Thanks for the link, but now I feel I should clarify my position:

I certainly wasn't calling out Deadspin in particular. I meant to implicate the entire sports blogosphere (this one included).

Even though the vast majority of us obviously do not endorse what happened, our playful obsession with Ms. Andrews - about which she consistently has been a good sport - surely helped set the stage for this.

What I do endorse is this: That the guy (or gal) who pulled this hidden camera trick spend some quality time in prison.

ESPN's statement: "Erin has been grievously wronged here. Our people and resources are in full support of her as she deals with this abhorrent act."

No comments: